Having a cosy night in with your nearest and dearest is one of the perks to the cold nights and 'dreich' weather. Entertaining guests is all about spending time together and creating a wonderful experience to remember. Ensure you can give your guests your full attention with this simple but elegant show-stopper - a charcuterie board!
Charcuterie boards are the pinnacle of finger foods. Generous mounds of nibbles and crudités makes the perfect foodie experience, creating tantalising flavour combinations. Although the arrangement looks complex, it's actually quite simple to make an impressive display for your guests to feast on. Use a selection of fresh, seasonal vegetables and fruits to compliment your favourite cheese, meats and antipasti. The Scottish Bee Company's Trio of Scottish Honey and our Baxters Limited Edition Christmas Chutney elevate this board to mouth-watering heights.
Follow our five easy steps to create your own spectacular charcuterie board, fit for a banquet!
- Baxters Limited Edition Christmas Chutney
- The Scottish Bee Company Scottish Blossom Honey (from their Trio of Scottish Honey)
- Meats (we recommend salami, prosciutto and chorizo)
- Cheese (try manchego, goat cheese, a ripe brie or a crumbly stilton - the more the merrier!)
- Fruits (oranges, blackberries and cherries are the perfect pairing!)
- Mini gherkins
- Walnuts and pistachios (and any others that take your fancy!)
- Fresh herbs (rosemary and thyme are our favourites!)
- And, for the ultimate wow-factor, dress your board with fresh eucalyptus
How To Make:
- Begin with a board (or plate) big enough to feed your guests. We would recommend a 12x8" board for a standard size and 20x12" for a larger crowd. Aim for 60g of charcuterie snacking per person.
- Add in small bowls for the olives, nuts, and spreads.
- Now is where you explore your creativity. Fill the space in between with meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables. We love The Recipe Critic’s how-to guide on making your very own salami roses!
- Add crackers and bread at the edge of the board for easy access.
- Lastly, garnish with some fresh herbs such as rosemary and you are ready to serve!
Now you have a charcuterie board that will impress guests in less than 15 minutes! Feeling lazy? Crunch Platters in Edinburgh is the home of grazing boards and platters.