After the festive feast has come and gone, what to do with the remnants of that succulent Christmas turkey? You can of course make a classic turkey sandwich, but if you want to really wow your loved ones this year then try your hand at making our Leftover Turkey Curry recipe.
Us Scots love to experiment with different flavours and what better way to spice up your boxing day entertaining than with a fruity, festive turkey curry using Baxters Limited Edition Christmas Chutney.
The fruity, balanced blend of our Christmas Chutney gives your dish a well-rounded kick, meaning it pairs perfectly with turkey or chicken. Darren Sivewright, our Head Chef and Group Innovation Manager has prepared this tasty and easy-to-make masterpiece. Serve with a fresh nan or crunchy Poppadoms for an aromatic tantalising meal.
Limited Edition Christmas Chutney
Indulge in a spiced fruit chutney heightened by luxurious Madeira wine. This condiment is a perfect fusion of fruits and just the right blend of spices to bring a taste of the festive season to your feast.
While it’s perfect for our leftover turkey curry recipe, it also tastes great on a cheeseboard (on Christmas day or any other time – we won’t judge!), in a beef or veggie sandwich or as a small side dish.
Let the festivities commence – let’s get to work with your leftover turkey!
- 400g Leftover Turkey
- 3 tbsp Baxters Limited Edition Christmas Chutney
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 400g Tinned Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 1 Red Chilli (chopped)
- 30g Coriander
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 30ml Rapeseed Oil
- 200ml Water
- Rice and Naan Bread to serve
1. Chop up your onion and garlic and fry with oil in a heavy-based pan until soft.
2. Add all the spices and cook out for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes over a low heat.
4. Add the chopped turkey and return to a simmer.
5. Season and add the chutney. This will give a nice, sweet fruitiness to your curry.
6. Add the chopped coriander and serve straight away with the rice and naan bread.
And now, enjoy your special Baxters of Scotland Leftover Turkey Curry!
Fancy trying another recipe? View our free recipes online here.