Calling all dessert enthusiasts! We’ve got a new recipe that’s about to elevate your sweet tooth experience to the next level; your guests are going to be completely wowed.
Say hello to our latest obsession: Blood Orange & Dark Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding, brought to life by the fabulous new Blood Orange Marmalade from the Audrey Baxter Signature Range.
Before we dive into the details of this heavenly dessert, let’s take a moment to appreciate the timeless British classic that is the Bread & Butter Pudding. Food historians have traced this nostalgic dish’s origins back to the early 11th century, as frugal cooks looked for ways to use stale, leftover bread instead of letting it go to waste.
Blood Orange Marmalade
The bright orange member of the Audrey Baxter Signature Range really pops with fragrance, flavour and fruit.
The unique flavour of sweet, red fleshed blood oranges make this a really distinctive marmalade.
It adds a zesty kick with a hint of citrusy brightness to any dish and treat. It is simply scrumptious!
Whether you are a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, this recipe is designed to be easy to make while still impressive to present and enchanting to eat. Most will agree that the smell of baking bread can positively impact people’s mood and happiness.
Are you ready? Grab your apron, dust off your whisk and keep scrolling to learn how to make our Blood Orange & Dark Chocolate Brad & Butter Pudding.
To make our Special Bread & Butter Pudding...
Serves: 4 people
Time: 30 minutes preparation, 45 minutes to bake. Include an overnight soak between preparation and baking for best results.
- 8 Slices of Bread
- 50g soft butter
- 250ml milk
- 250ml double cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 25g sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 jar Audrey Baxter Signature Range Blood Orange Marmalade
- 150g Dark chocolate pieces
- 25g Demerara sugar
- Butter all slices of bread on both sides. Place your first piece of bread in an ovenproof dish.
- Spread your slice with a thin layer of the Blood Orange Marmalade and add a few of your dark chocolate pieces. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Repeat the process with the rest of your bread. Ensure that the very top slice of bread does not have any marmalade or cinnamon added on top of it.
- Thoroughly whisk together the eggs, sugar, milk and cream together in a bowl until you have created a custard.
- Pour your custard evenly over your bread and allow it to soak in. If possible, you should leave it overnight in the fridge for the best possible results, but if you are in a hurry, we recommend leaving it to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- When you are almost finished soaking, pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sprinkle your pudding with the Demerara sugar and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with plenty of custard.
Enjoy your Baxters of Scotland Bread & Butter Pudding
Please do share your culinary creation with us on social media by tagging @baxtersofscotland on Facebook and Instagram.
Why not spread the love? Our Signature Blood Orange Marmalade is currently available in the following gifts: The Balmoral, The Chef’s Larder, The Afternoon Tea Hamper, The Christmas Banquet, The Christmas Signature Box